Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency - Who we work with
Look up a health practitioner


Check if your health practitioner is qualified, registered and their current registration status

Who we work with

Although we are a National Scheme, there are differences in the way concerns about practitioners are managed in New South Wales (NSW) and in Queensland (Qld).

Concerns about a practitioner’s health, performance or conduct

In NSW, concerns about a practitioners’ health, performance or conduct are managed by the NSW regulators, the Health Professional Councils Authority (HPCA) and NSW Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC).

In Qld, the Office of the Health Ombudsman (OHO) manage concerns about practitioners. The OHO receives all notifications and concerns about practitioners, retains the most serious matters and may refer other matters to Ahpra and a National Board.

Other useful websites

This Australian Government entry point provides links to government agency information and services and offers a whole-of-government search engine.

State and Territory Health Departments

Drugs and Poisons

Contacts for State/Territory drugs and poisons units

Health Professions Accreditation Councils’ Forum

The accreditation authorities of the health professions that are part of the National Scheme are represented in the Health Professions Accreditation Councils’ Forum.

Page reviewed 5/02/2020