Acknowledgement of Country
Ahpra Acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and Elders past, present and emerging.
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works with the 15 National Boards to help protect the public by regulating Australia's registered health practitioners. Our primary role is to protect the public and set standards and policies that all registered health practitioners must meet. We ensure the community has access to a safe health workforce across all professions registered under the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme. Public safety is always our number one priority. Every decision we make is guided by the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (the National Law), as in force in each state and territory. You can read more about Ahpra’s function and purpose here.
- We recognise diversity and treat everyone equally and with empathy
- We are present, engaged and person-centred
- We support and are accountable to each other in a considerate way
- We foster timely, open and civil interaction with all people
- In line with our Regulatory Principles we are fair, transparent, objective and consistent in our decision making
- We are committed to doing what is right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
- We clearly explain the basis of our actions
- We work with others for a shared purpose (our mission)
- We listen, consider feedback and develop responsive solutions, while enabling others to do the same
- We engage with our stakeholders to build constructive relationships and support cultural safety for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- We actively work together to achieve our vision
- We empower our people to strive for a culture of excellence and service
- We report accurately and proactively within and external to the scheme to maintain community trust and practitioner confidence.
- We recognise and celebrate our successes