Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency - NSW and Qld
Look up a health practitioner


Check if your health practitioner is qualified, registered and their current registration status

NSW and Qld

Are you in New South Wales or Queensland and have a complaint about a health practitioner?

For concerns about registered health practitioners there are different arrangements for people in Qld and NSW. If you live in these states and have a concern about a student or a registered health practitioner’s health, conduct or performance you should:

In NSW, contact:

In Qld, you can contact the Office of the Health Ombudsman. The Office of the Health Ombudsman (OHO) can be contacted via its website or by phoning 133 OHO (133 646).

Note if you wish to make a mandatory notification about health practitioner or student in NSW you must report this to Ahpra.

Are you in New South Wales or Queensland and want to report a criminal offence under the National Law?

As well as managing concerns about the conduct of registered health practitioners outside of NSW and QLD, there are a number of criminal offences that people can report to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) under the National Law.

If you are in NSW or QLD and want to report an offence, you should contact Ahpra. Offences are managed nationally by Ahpra and include someone claiming to be a registered health practitioner (when they are not) and/or unlawful advertising.

You can find a list of these offences on the Ahpra website. If you believe someone has committed an offence you need to tell Ahpra so it can be investigated.

Page reviewed 16/11/2022