Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency - Notifier Support Service
Look up a health practitioner


Check if your health practitioner is qualified, registered and their current registration status

Notifier Support Service

Support for people with concerns about sexual misconduct

We know that for anyone who has experienced sexual misconduct by a health practitioner, the decision to talk to someone about it is a big step. Contacting someone official can be even more daunting.

Sexual misconduct is any sexual contact between a health practitioner and a patient — even if that contact occurs outside of a health service environment or when that contact would otherwise be considered consensual.

People who are eligible to receive support through the Notifier Support Service are referred by Ahpra staff.

Our aim is to help you engage with us and reduce any additional distress that you may experience while being involved in our raise a concern process.

How the service can support you 

Through a trauma-informed approach, the service’s social workers provide emotional support and help explain how our notifications process works. They prepare you for what to expect and help guide you through the experience of engaging with us.

The social workers do not provide therapeutic counselling but can suggest services that may be helpful and offer other targeted support.

Other support services 

1800 Respect

1800 Respect is a confidential, free national sexual assault and domestic and family violence counselling and support service. It is open 24 hours a day and can be contacted by calling 1800 737 732 or through the online chat on the 1800 Respect website


13YARN is a 24/7 national service offering confidential support with a trained Lifeline Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Crisis Supporter for First Nations people feeling overwhelmed or having difficulty coping. Call 13 92 76 from any mobile or pay phone for free. More information is on the 13Yarn website.

Call Ahpra on 1300 419 495 or submit an online enquiry

Find out how to raise a concern about a health practitioner.

Page reviewed 20/12/2023