29 Jun 2015
The Occupational Therapy Board of Australia has agreed to commence a project to develop a new set of threshold competencies for occupational therapy practice.
The National Board recognises that it is important to periodically review threshold competency standards to ensure that they continue to reflect current and emerging practice.
The National Board is seeking applications from individuals with experience in the areas listed below:
- demonstrate experience in training, teaching, and/or assessment of professional competencies
- demonstrate professional good standing
- disclose any interest in a matter being considered by the Panel that appears to raise a conflict with the proper performance of the Member’s functions, so that conflict may be appropriately managed
- post graduate education or experience
- be available to attend meetings
- be willing to enter into an undertaking to keep information they obtain as a Panel member confidential
- demonstrate knowledge of the threshold competencies required for occupational therapists
- understand the regulatory role of accreditation bodies under the National Law
The National Board will however, consider applicants who do not have experience in all of the above areas. Application will be assessed by a Selection Advisory Panel. The Advisory Panel is time limited until the end of the project, which is forecast for 30 June 2016, and is expected to commence in mid 2015.
For general enquiries, please contact Statutory Appointments.
Expressions of interest close Monday 13 July 2015.