From left to right: Dr Peggy Brown, Ms Barbara Yeoh, Mr Michael Gorton, AM, Chair, Professor Merrilyn Walton AM, Mr Ian Smith, PSM, Mr David Taylor, Ms Jenny Taing, Ms Karen Crawshaw, PSM.
The Agency Management Committee was appointed by the Australian Health Workforce Ministerial Council in September 2012 in accordance with the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act as in force in each state and territory.
The Committee consists of 8 people including:
- a Chair who is not a registered health practitioner and has not been a health practitioner in the last 5 years
- at least 2 people with expertise in health and/or education and training
- at least 2 people with business or administrative expertise who are not current or previous registered health practitioners
The Agency Management Committee meets up to 11 times per year. Committee meetings are held in two parts. Part One of the meeting is open to the public to attend as observers. The Agency Management Committee publishes a communiqué of monthly meetings which summarises issues discussed and decisions made.
The Management Committee is chaired by Mr Michael Gorton AM.
The Agency Management Committee has established three committees:
Finance, Audit and Risk Management Committee
The Finance, Audit and Risk Management Committee (FARMC) is the principal committee of the Agency Management Committee which provides oversight of risk at the enterprise level. It is responsible to the Agency Management Committee (AManC) for leadership, strategy and assurance in relation to:
- the financial strategy, financial performance and sustainability of AHPRA and National Boards,
- providing recommendations on the integrity and acceptance of the financial statements by the Agency Management Committee,
- assuring an effective and independent audit and risk assessment function for AHPRA,
- providing independent advice and assurance to the AManC on processes of governance, risk management and internal control in line with leading practice, and
- internal processes and controls for ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, codes of conduct and reasonable community expectations.
The Committee is chaired by Ms Barbara Yeoh.
View the Finance, Audit and Risk Management Committee page for more information.
The Performance Committee is responsible for making recommendations to the Agency Management Committee to strengthen the performance culture across the National Scheme, oversight and scrutiny of operational performance measures and data, and; providing assurance that any organisational performance related issues, including the consistency of data and statistics are being well managed.
The specific responsibilities of the Committee are to:
- ensure that desired outcomes are clearly articulated and measurable performance indicators are established,
- review the performance of AHPRA in relation to agreed performance outcomes and measures, and
- as required, focus on specific issues where performance and/or performance reporting may be raising concerns and any plans for corrective action.
In fulfilling its responsibilities to the AManC, the Performance Committee reports to the AManC with an Annual Report on its overall program of work.
|Performance Committee annual report 2015
|23 March 2016
The Committee is chaired by Mr Ian Smith PSM.
The Remuneration Committee is established to determine the remuneration policy and performance management framework for AHPRA senior managers.
The Committee is authorised by the Agency Management Committee to:
- investigate any activity within its Terms of Reference,
- seek any information it requires from AHPRA employees that is relevant to the operational requirements of the Committee,
- obtain outside legal, remuneration or other independent professional advice, and
- secure the attendance of other individuals and authorities from outside the Agency with relevant experience and expertise that is considered necessary for the operational requirements of the committee.
The Committee is chaired by Mr Michael Gorton AM
For further information about the Agency Management Committee or its sub-committees, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Meeting of Agency Management Committee
Details of meetings are listed in the Schedule of Meetings (see right hand-side column of this page). If you wish to attend as an observer, or require further information, please email AManC@ahpra.gov.au.