The AHPRA PIE software platform provides AHPRA Public register data to data partners using industry standard browser and webs services channels. Services include: a browser channel to manage Alerts, Find practitioners and verify practitioner identity and a Web services channel to request and receive single or bulk practitioner data. The web services channel will allow data partners to integrate the data exchange into their local systems for daily update on practitioner data including any registration status changes. PIE services will help partners reduce risk, improve data quality and reduce the costs in tracking practitioner status.
AHPRA provides a fully supported on boarding process with full documentation and test environments for data partners who select the web services channel. More details on the services and how to become a data partner are given below.
PIE provides practitioner data with the same information as the AHPRA Public Register in a structured, validated and auditable format. A sample is available in the document below:
Practitioner information exchange diagram (584 KB,DOCX)
- Find service publishes a complete copy of the AHPRA Public Register for your selected practitioners, containing all current professional details and registration status, daily.
This service provides the existing AHPRA Public Register data, plus conditions and endorsement start and end dates where applicable. Practitioner data is returned as clean, structured XML data with audit tags and from within a secure IT environment. Two user interface options available:
- A web services query containing one or many practitioner registration numbers for a specified date. Data partners can call single records from within your HR or clinical systems
- Online web browser application search for one or many practitioners by entering a registration number, or pick from pre-loaded list uploaded through a CSV file with registration numbers.
- Alert service provides personalised advice of any changes for your selected practitioners.
This service provides an alert to data partners when there are changes to any practitioners’ registrations who have been added to the pre-selected group(s).
It eliminates the need for data partners to crosscheck large volumes of practitioner data looking for registration and other changes. Two channel options are available:
- Web services alert query containing the date range for the group, and picks up the results, being a list of registration numbers with a change, or a service message if there are no changes to any records for the period.
- Online web browser alerts management interface. This allows a authorised users to create new groups (subscriptions), view alert details, manager alert group email lists and add, list or remove registration numbers from your organisations alerts groups.
- Start service provides limited advice of any newly registered practitioners.
This service publishes a listing of all practitioners who commenced on a single day. The service response includes their full name, profession number, division, principal place of practice state/territory and country.
- Yet-to-commence service similar to the Find service but includes interns and those practitioners whose registration is future-dated.
The yet-to-commence service adds registered practitioners who have future dated start dates to the Find service. Access to this service is limited to data partners who have a demonstrated need for these special cases.
- Identity provides secure confirmation of a practitioner’s professional registration record.
Identity service verifies a practitioner’s professional data against AHPRA’s practitioner professional records. Most identity service users have a legislative or regulatory requirement to establish a higher level of identity confirmation.