12 Jul 2016
Call for applications for appointment to the Dental Board of Australia’s list of approved members for equivalence assessment panels
The Dental Board of Australia (the Board) seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced dentists, who hold specialist registration with the Board, to be appointed to the list of approved members for equivalence assessment panels.
Since the start of the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme (the National Scheme), the Australian Dental Council (ADC), on behalf of the Board, had assessed overseas specialist qualifications for substantial equivalence to Australian specialist programs.
The Board and the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) have developed a new process to assess overseas specialist qualifications for substantial equivalence to Australian specialist programs. This process, in place since 1 July 2016, includes the assessment of these qualifications against specific criteria to be carried out by equivalence assessment panels.
These equivalence assessment panels will be convened as required to assist the Board in assessing qualifications for specialist registration from overseas trained dental specialists in a particular specialty.
In selecting candidates for appointment to the list of approved members for equivalence assessment panels, the following selection criteria will be taken into account:
- willingness to assess qualifications on behalf of the Board against criteria decided by the Board
- specialist registration with the Board
- demonstration of engagement with the profession including membership of the relevant specialist academy and/or peak body for the specialty
- leadership and senior clinical experience in the profession, and
- experience in the delivery of academic programs for the specialty including accreditation of such.
Applications will be assessed by a selection advisory panel of the Board. Appointments are made by the Board under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law, as in force in each state and territory. Appointments may be for up to three years, with eligibility for reappointment.
For more information on the role and the application process, please download the application guide and application forms below.
Candidate information pack
- Application guide (58.4 KB,PDF), Word version (405 KB,DOCX)
- Application form (80.5 KB,PDF), Word version (508 KB,DOC)
- Declaration of private interests (54.3 KB,PDF), Word version (574 KB,DOCX)
- National criminal history check consent form (656 KB,PDF)
For enquiries, please email email@example.com.
Applications close on Monday 3 October 2016.