02 Feb 2016
Revised registration standards for six registered health professions have been published this week.
The revised registration standards1 are for:
- continuing professional development (CPD),
- recency of practice, and
- professional indemnity insurance (PII) arrangements.
These revised standards were approved by the Australian Health Workforce Ministerial Council on 27 August 2015. They do not apply to renewals of registration in 2016.
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) has also published profession-specific registration standards, professional standards, and guidelines.
To help practitioners prepare for the revised standards, profession-specific advice has been published on the relevant Board’s website:
Please refer to AHPRA’s registration standards page for additional information and resources, including:
- letters of approval
- consultation reports for:
- Continuing professional development registration standard
- Recency of practice registration standard
- Professional indemnity insurance arrangements registration standard, and
- common FAQs and timetable for commencement.
1Registration standards define the requirements that applicants and registrants in the regulated professions need to meet to be registered.