01 Jun 2015
Read these quick tips to renew your registration online and on time.
Nurses and midwives have just days left to renew their registration on time to avoid paying a late fee. Online renewal is the quick and easy way to renew on time.
To renew online use your 10 digit User ID located in your renewal reminder.
Read the tips below for easy renewal and contact AHPRA if you cannot access online renewal.
Tips for easy renewal of registration
Your registration renewal reminder (email or hard copy) from the NMBA and AHPRA* includes all the information you need for easy, online renewal:
- Link to access online renewal
- Your 10 digit User ID
- Information on how to pay
- Details on how to reset your password
Using online renewal
To access online renewal you must:
- know your User ID (located on your renewal reminder notice under Summary)
- have a current password. If your password doesn't work, you can update it by using the password reset function (you must know your user ID)
- You can pay securely by credit/debit card or BPay® when you apply to renew registration online
Confirmation of renewal
- After about an hour, check your details on the national register of practitioners
- Remember you can continue to practise if your name is on the public register, even if your registration expiry date has passed
To avoid paying a late fee, you must renew registration by 31 May.
AHPRA is currently receiving a high volume of phone calls and you may experience a longer than usual wait time. Please stay on the line as your call is important to us. Thank you for your patience.
Call: 1300 419 495 (within Australia), +61 3 9275 9009 (from outside Australia).
*AHPRA (on behalf of the National Boards) manages the registration and renewal processes for health practitioners and students around Australia.