20 Jan 2015
Call for applications to the Scheduled Medicines Advisory Committee of the Optometry Board of Australia.
The Optometry Board of Australia (the Board) invites applications from persons interested in being appointed to the Board’s Scheduled Medicines Advisory Committee (the Committee), who will advise the Board on the matters with respect to the administration or prescribing of scheduled medicines by optometrists for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
Applications are now sought for appointment for the following vacancies from persons who currently reside in all states and territories:
- optometrists who hold a scheduled medicine endorsement under the National Law or a law of a participating jurisdiction
- medical practitioners who practice as an ophthalmologist
- medical practitioner with other relevant expertise
- optometrists who are academics or educators in optometry
- academics and educators in pharmacology
Appointments are made by the Optometry Board of Australia under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law, as in force in each state and territory (the National Law). Appointments are for up to three years. Applications will be assessed by a selection advisory panel for appointable positions.
For more information on the:
If you have applied for a board, committee or panel member vacancy within the past 12 months and want to be considered for this vacancy please email email@example.com to:
- express your interest in this vacancy, and
- authorise use of the application and supporting documentation that you have previously lodged.
Expressions of interest close on Wednesday 25 February 2015.