07 May 2014
AHPRA welcomes National Board appointments and reappointment announced by the Australian Health Workforce Ministerial Council.
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) congratulates the new Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia Chair, as well as the new and reappointed members to various National Boards on their appointments.
The appointments were made by the Australian Health Workforce Ministerial Council (AHWMC) and were announced this week in the latest communiqué.
Dr Lynette Cusack, RN, was appointed as Chair of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia to 30 August 2015 after holding the role of Presiding Member since 31 August 2013. AHPRA extends a warm welcome to Dr Cusack and looks forward to working with her and the National Board to continue to regulate health practitioners in the public interest.
Appointments to National Boards
Chinese Medicine Board of Australia
- Dr Anne Fletcher – appointed as community member for a period of three years to 1 May 2017.
Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia
- Ms Mary Edwards – appointed as a community member for a period of three years to 1 May 2017.
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Dr Lynette Cusack, RN – appointed as new Chair to 30 August 2015.
- Adjunct A/Prof Veronica Casey – appointed as new health practitioner member for Queensland for a period of three years to 4 May 2017.
Pharmacy Board of Australia
- Dr Rodney (Rod) Wellard – reappointed for a second term as a community member for a period of three years to 4 May 2017.
More details about the appointments are published in the Australian Health Workforce Ministerial Council recent communiqué.
For more information
- Lodge an online enquiry form
- For registration enquiries: 1300 419 495 (within Australia) +61 3 8708 9001 (overseas callers)
- For media enquiries: (03) 8708 9200