Download a PDF version of the NRAS strategy 2011-2014 (999 KB,PDF).
A competent and flexible health workforce that meets the current and future needs of the Australian community.
To regulate health practitioners in Australia in the public interest.
In fulfilling our role:
- We act in the interest of public health and safety.
- We work collaboratively to deliver high-quality health regulation.
- We promote safety and quality in health practice.
- Our decisions are fair and just.
- We are accountable for our decisions and actions.
- Our processes are transparent and consistent.
Key strategic priorities 2011-14
In accordance with the National Law and our values, we will:
- Ensure the integrity of the National Registers.
- Drive national consistency of standards, processes and decision-making.
- Respond efficiently to notifications about the health, performance and conduct of health practitioners.
- Adopt contemporary business and service delivery models.
- Engender the confidence and respect of health practitioners.
- Foster community and stakeholder awareness of and engagement with health practitioner regulation.
- Use data to monitor and improve policy advice and decision-making.
- Become a recognised leader in professional regulation.