This collection statement sets out the way that the Board and AHPRA may collect, use and disclose your information. It is to be read when completing your application for review of conditions or undertakings form.
Privacy and confidentiality
The personal information (that is, information that identifies you) and sensitive information (such as criminal history and health information) collected in this form:
- is required by the National Law, and the Board and AHPRA are authorised to collect it, for review of a condition or undertaking on your registration,
- may be used for the proper operation of the National Law (e.g. for research relevant to the Law), and
- may be used for communications purposes and to provide you with relevant updates and general information about AHPRA’s and the Board’s activities.
If you do not provide the required information, your application for review may not proceed.
The Board and AHPRA may:
- ask other people (such as government agencies and health authorities) for information relevant to your application, such as identification, information relevant to the condition or undertaking and to verify documents you provide, and
- disclose your information to such people where this is required or permitted by the law (e.g. to advise of your registration status, or where the information is required for a health regulator to perform its functions). Your registration details are also on a public register on the Internet. Note: the health regulators we may disclose your information to may be overseas, if for example you have an international practice.
AHPRA may also verify your registration details, including your date of birth and address, to other people (such as prospective employers) who disclose that information to AHPRA to confirm your identity. AHPRA will only do this where the person seeking verification has given a legal undertaking they have your consent to this verification.
Forms relevant to this collection statement:
ARCD-81, ARCD-86, ARCD-10, ARCD-20, ARCD-91, ARCD-40, ARCD-96, ARCD-50, ARCD-56, ARCD-60, ARCD-66, ARCD-70, ARCD-76