This collection statement sets out the way that the Board and AHPRA may collect, use and disclose your information. It is to be read when completing application forms for registration by the following National Boards:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practice Board
- Chinese Medicine Board
- Chiropractic Board
- Dental Board
- Medical Radiation Practice Board
- Nursing and Midwifery Board
- Occupational Therapy Board
- Optometry Board
- Osteopathy Board
- Pharmacy Board
- Physiotherapy Board
- Podiatry Board
- Psychology Board
Privacy and confidentiality
The personal information (that is, information that identifies you) and sensitive information (such as criminal history and health information) collected in this form:
- is required by the National Law, and the Board and AHPRA are authorised to collect it, to see if you are eligible for registration, and to include you in a public register of practitioners on the Internet,
- will be used to manage your registration (including your compliance with the National Law),
- may be used for the proper operation of the National Law (e.g. for research relevant to the Law), and
- may be used for communications purposes and to provide you with relevant updates and general information about AHPRA’s and the Boards’ activities.
If you do not provide the required information, you may not be registered.
The Board and AHPRA may:
- ask other people (such as government agencies and health authorities) for information relevant to your application, such as identification, criminal record, work history and immigration status, and
- disclose your information to such people where this is required or permitted by the law (e.g. to advise of your registration status, or where the information is required for a health regulator to perform its functions). Note: the health regulators we may disclose your information to may be overseas, if for example you have an international practice.
AHPRA may also verify your registration details, including your date of birth and address, to entities (such as prospective employers) who disclose that information to AHPRA to confirm your identity. AHPRA will only do this where the entity seeking verification has given a legal undertaking they have your consent to this verification.
If your English language test(s) were completed within the past two years, you must provide a copy of your test results, including the reference number(s). AHPRA will disclose those reference numbers along with other information that identifies you (such as date of birth) to the test provider, so that AHPRA can verify your results online. The test provider may be overseas. If you do not provide the reference number, we may not be able to process your application.
Forms relevant to this collection statement:
AGEN-81, AGNP-81, ASGR-81, ANPC-81, AABA-81, AFTR-81, AGEN-86, AARG-86, ASGR-86, AGNP-86, ANPC-86, AFTR-86, AGEN-10, AGNP-10, ATMR-10, ASGR-10, ANPC-10, ALTR-10, ALPI-10, AEAC-10, AFTR-10. AGEN-20, AGNP-20, ADGF-20, ATMR-20, ACDR-20, ASGR-20, AIRP-20, ASPC-20, ALPS-20, ALST-20, ALTR-20, ALPI-20, ALPT-20, ANPC-20, AEAP-20, AFTR-20, AGEN-91, AGNP-91, AARG-91, APGR-91, ATMR-91, ALPT-91, ANPC-91, ASPR-91, ASGR-91, AFTR-91, ASGR-40, AGEN-40, AGOS-40, AGNP-40, ATMR-40, TELG-40, ANMW-40, ANMV-40, APRN-40, ANPC-40, NSUR-40, AENP-40, AESR-40, AESM-40, AFTR-40, AGEN-96, AGNP-96, ATMR-96, ASGR-96, ALPT-96, ALPI-96, ALTR-96, ALPS-96, ACCL-96, ANPC-96, APRA-96, AFTR-96, AGEN-50, AGED-50, AGNP-50, ATMR-50, ASGR-50, ALTR-50, ALPS-50, AESM-50, ANPC-50, AFTR-50, AGEN-56, AGNP-56, ATMR-56, ASGR-56, APGR-56, APRO-56, ALPI-56, ALST-56, ANPC-56, AFTR-56, AGEN-60, AGNP-60, ATMR-60, APGR-60, ASPR-60, APRO-60, ALPS-60, ANPC-60, AOEP-60, AASP-60, APOE-60, SPWR-60, AFTR-60, AGEN-66, AGNP-66, ATMR-66, ASGR-66, ALRP-66, ALPS-66, ALTR-66, ACCL-66, ALPI-66, ANPC-66, AFTR-66, AGEN-70, AGNP-70, ATMR-70, ASGR-70, AESM-70, ANPC-70, ASPC-70, AFTR-70, AGEN-76, AGNP-76, ATMR-76, PDEC-76, ANPC-76, APRO-76, ARPP-76, ABAS-76, AWOP-76, PPSR-76, AEAP-76, ACSP-76, ACAP-76, PREA-76, ABAS-76, AECR-76, AEAT-76, RAAQ-76, AFTR-76